BCS English Literature and Grammar
ইংরেজি সাহিত্য ও গ্র্যামার
- David Copperfield is a\ an – novel
- John Smith is good – Mathematics
- The poem The solitary Reper is written by-
√ W . Wordsworth
- In English Grammar, – deal with formation of sentence
- Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure is a successful –
- The romantic age English literature began with the publication of-
√ preface to Lyrical Ballads
- Teacher said , The earth – round the sun
- Elegy Writing in a country churchyard is written by –
√ Thomas Gray
9 . He insisted – there .
√ on my going
- Slow and steady – the rece .
- The Merchant of Venice is a Shakespearean play about –
√ a Jew
- Child is the father of man is taken from the poem of –
√ W . Wordsworth
- What would be the right antonym for initiative?
- Verb of number is –
- Give the antonym of the word transitory.
- I have been living in Dhaka – 2000
- The climax a plot is what happens
√ at the height
- This could have worked if I – been more cautious
- Which is one a correct sentence?
√ paper is made from wood
- To do away with means –
√ to get rid of
- Man is a political animal – who said this?
- Credit tk 5000 – my account
- Venerate Means –
- Who is known as the poet of natural in English literature?
√ William Wordsworth
- A passage to India is written by –
√ E .M Forster
- Identify the correct sentence?
√ yesterday, he went home
- Riders to the sea of is – a one act play
- Which of the following writers belong to the Elizabethan period ?
√ Christopher Marlowe
- It is time to review the protocol on testing nuclear weapons .Here the underline word means –
√ Record of rules
- – amazing song haunted me for a long time.
- The poem isle of innisfree is written by-
√ W B yeats
- Other is a Shakespeare’s play about –
√ A Moor
- Which word is the determine in the sentence with it the take much time?
- This could have worked if I – been more for-singhted
- The play Arms and the Men is by –
√ Geore Berned Shaw
- Women are too often – by family commitments
- The phrase nouveau riche means –
√ he is on seesing her
- Find the odd out –
√ George Eliot
- The French refers to –
√ the French people
- The expression take into account means-
- The word officialese means-
√ lenguage used in officeA
1 .The verb succumb means –
- Pass away means –
- Call to mind means-
- The only error in the sentence ” one of the recommendation made by the committiee was accepted by the Authorities” is –
- Extempore –
- The second workd war broke – in September1939.
- I thought that – was the last one
√ the prettiest one of all
- The government gave – the demands of the People
- The ministers arrived- a decision last night
- She is beautiful but she – her mother
√ not so beautiful as
- I don’t think you will have any difficulty a driving license
√ in getting
- Please – the necessity of arriving early?
- The team is – eleven players .
√ made up of
- At last one of the students- full marks every time.
- My wife reminder me –
√ of my oppointerment
- There are – dangerous drivers
√ a lot of
- I have read the book – you lent me .
- He have up – football when he got married.
- Tell me – that .
√ who told you
- Water bolis – you heat it to 100° centrigrade.
- I opened the door as soon as I – the bell.
- I am looking for someone who- play piano.
- As the sun – , I decided to go out
√ was shaining
- I have – interest in the matter.
- He parted – his friends in tears.
- The children were entrusted the care of their uncle
- The antonym for Recalcitrant-
- Razzmatazz means-
√ A noisy activity
- The synonym for obfurate –
- – is not the only thing that tourists want see
- Trees have – off their leaves .
- Choose the appropriate meaning of the idiom swan song.
√ last work
- I count – your help
- I spent – with the patient
√ some time
- We waited until the plane –
√ took off
- Three fourths of the work – finished
- A synonym for resentment is –
- One should be careful about- duty
- The captain left the boat because it –
√ turmed up
- Maiden speech means-
√ first speech
- A person whose head is in the clouds is –
√ a day dreamer
- Even as harvesting going on –
√ the rainy season begin
- If I had known you were coming –
√ I would go to the station
- Which phrase contains words opposed to each other in meaning?
√ Reproduction and death
- সকাল থেকে গুড়ি গুড়ি বৃষ্টি হচ্ছে
√ it has been drizziling since morning
- A seventeen years old is not – to vote in an election .
√ old enough
17 Travellers – their reservation well in advance if they want to fly during the eid holidays
√ had better get
- Prices for bicycle can run – tk 20000
√ as high as
- All of the people at the AAME conference are –
√ Mathmatics teacher
- If a raby is heate it – temporary loose its color
- If a man is , worth his salt .he is –
√ a highly paid worker
- Salarium is a Latin word that means –
- The antonym for inimical –
- The synonym for efface – Rub out
- Natural protein এর কোড নাম-
√ protein – p 49
- The correct spelling is –
- The opposite word of sluggish –
- The synonym of Franchise –
- Equivocation means –
√ two contary things in the same statement
- Bill of fare is-
√ a list of dishes at a restaurant
- When a person says he’s all in, it means –
√ He is very tired
- The expression take into account means ——–
- The French refers to ——-
√ the France people
- If a part of a speech or writing breaks the theme , it is called ——-
- The word officialese means ——-
√ language used in offecs
- The verb succumb means ——-
- If a person cannot stop taken drugs, he or she is ———-
√ addicted to them
- The only error in the sentence ” one of the recommendation made by the committee we accepted by the Authorities is ——
- The word permissive implies ———
- Subject- verb Agreement refers to ——
√ person only
- Noureen will discuss the issue with Nasir ——– phone
- Pass away means —–
- Call to mind means ——
Put appropriate preposition for the sentence below :
- Some writers sink ——- oblivion in course of time.
- Each of the sons followed ——— father’s trade.
- The idiom put up with means ——-
- Such claim needs to be tested empirically suggest that ——-
√ the test should be based on experience
- Patron: support
√ counselor: advice
- To rasie ones brown indicate ——
- Juil has been ill ———- three months.
- If winter comes ,can spring be far behind?
These lines were written by ——-
- Many prefer donating money ——– distributing clothes .
- Light is to dark as cold is to ———
- The verb of the word short is ———
- Dhaka is becoming one of the ——— cities in Asia.
- He had written the book before he ——-
- To get along with meat ——–
√ to adjust
- Rizvi requested Rini ——– telephone to attend the meeting .
- The prices of rice are ——–
- The word precedence means ——-
- I cannot —— to play such high prices
- The word electronic means ——-
√ a body of voters
- Which sentence is correct ?
√ this is a unique case
- There is no alternative ——– training
- Animal farm was written by
√ George Orwell
- The word disinterested means ——
- New programs will be ——– next week in Bangladesh television.
- Who did write first English dictionary ?
√ Samuel Johnson
- Rubber is notable for its ———-
- Juilus Caesar was the ruler of Rome about ——-
√ 2000 years ago